HC-One fined £640,000 after resident chokes to death on doughnut.

HC-One fined £640,000 after resident chokes to death on doughnut.

The  65-year-old resident at Orchard Care Home in
Clackmannanshire, Scotland choked on a doughnut & died.

The woman, who had been assessed as at risk of choking, was on a specialist diet and should have not been given the     doughnut, Falkirk Sheriff Court found.

The woman choked and died despite efforts by care home staff and paramedics to remove the food.

The Crown Office said she had repeatedly been   offered sandwiches from the snack trolley putting her health at risk.

HC-One pleaded guilty to failings under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.

Read details