Remembrance Day November 11th 2019
* Our website is here to help you with health & safety matters in the care sector.
If you have a question or need advice, start by taking a look at our documents or if a member, use our discussion forum.
* Find guidance and information on topics such as Fire Safety, Restraint, Manual Handling, Scalding, First-Aid, Risk Assessment, Care Plans and much more.
* Look at details of our dedicated events you can attend to network with colleagues in the care sector helping raise the profile of health and safety If not a member, join today, and be part of our growing UK membership.
Chris Jackson, National Chair
See the NASHiCS Video 2019 National Chair report
Hosted by DAC Beachcroft.
Title: Journey from Incident to Trial followed by Discussion Session.
The session will look at the post incident investigation and enforcement journey.
Date: Tuesday 19th November 2019.
Venue: DAC Beachcroft offices 25 Walbrook London, EC4N 8AF
Time: 10:30am – 4.00pm approx includes refreshments and light lunch.
Programme Here, directions and speakers Here
Bookings open Here
This is a Free event open to Members and Non Members
week to go
Safety in Care Awards 2019 – Results
- Individual of the year award; (sponsored by Jackloc )
WINNER: Shonagh Methven, Head of Health and Safety, United Response
- Best practice award. (sponsored by Surety Fire Solutions)
WINNER: Care UK accepted by Richard Price
- Learning and training award; (sponsored by Tower Fire Group)
WINNER: Sunrise Senior Living UK & Gracewell Healthcare accepted by Rebecca Brooks
More info and photos here
Further Safety Award for Best Practice.
A further award was made at the National Conference for Best Practice.
Highly Commended to Yorkare Care Homes.
It was accepted on their behalf by the Vice Chair of the Association
However the formal presentation was made by Chris Jackson (National Chair ) at Magdalen Park to present Ivy (Resident), Nicole (Registered Manager), Laura (Residential Care Manager) & Jonathan (Operations Director) with the award certificate and £150, which they have put in the residents fund. More
Photo of the presentation may be seen at the top right of the main page of the NASHiCS Website. More in the eNews 100
Additional Guidance to Fire Safety Risk Assessment Residential Care Premises.
More information and Document Download
e-News issue 100 (October 2019) available for members
Next issue 101 due November 2019.
The latest issue of the e-News for members only is available under News